Friday, May 1, 2020

WTF Statement: Rep. Henry Rivera states he was talking to a starving orphan begging at his door.


WTF Statement Rep. Henry Rivera claims he was talking to a starving orphan begging at his door.

Rivera said on the record, “So What the Fuck are you complaining about. You fucking idiot” to a citizen at April 28th City Council Meeting

May 1, 2020
Associated Mess
by Ben Dejo 

El Paso City Representative Henry Rivera stated to the Associated Mess that his statements at the April 28, 2020 city council meeting were taken out of context.



At that meeting, while a citizen was making public commentary, Rep. Rivera stated, “So what the fuck are you complaining about. You fucking idiot.”

This morning, Rivera put out a statement claiming these comments were not directed at the citizen who was commenting, but to a third party. 


 
“I was addressing an orphan begging at my door for more food and not the citizen commenting,” says Rep. Rivera. 

“The comments were directed at two people actually and the microphone did not pick up what I said before my WTF comment."

Rivera's continued: "I had responded to the orphan begging for food, shouting at him saying: 'More!'. It was then I said 'WTF'."

“The ‘fucking idiot’ comment," says Rivera, "was not directed at the citizen who was commenting or the orphan."

“I was talking to a local poor widow that I’m trying to kick out of her house.”

“As proof, I think my record of kicking poor widows out of their land and houses speaks for itself. I'm proud to represent District 8.”